smell of smoke in bathrooms

Users who are viewing this thread

imurmklady35

Reaction score
For the past couple mornings my master bathroom I have smelled smoke in it? I have no idea why? Then last night It was at least 1am. I am half asleep. I smell the smoke. Then I swear I hear drilling and jack hammering. This morning I was washing my hands there was a lot of water and soap in my sink and a small spongue comes up through the sink. Now sometimes on the weekends the smell is so bad I can't stand to be in my house. I have smelled on one side then the other. It is really odd? Now I work at home, one day I saw one of my neighbors get a PVC pipe delivered I was thinking what is he doing with that stuff? Where do I go from here? Sounds like I need a plumber? My house is one story solid foundation.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Yes, a plumber is a good place to start to get an idea of what is going on. Show him the spongue that showed up, and explain everything to him in detail.

Lakee911

I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)
Reaction score
Odd. I'm really curious to what it is. Maybe neighbor doing a smoke test or something? Sponge business is odd too.

Jason

imurmklady35

Reaction score
Did I mention I woke up about 2am hearing drilling and jack hammering? I was thinking I was losing my mind? I am very allergic to sulpha. I started having my face swell on one side last year. I even had a growth in my throat come up? My neighbors kids are all having breathing problems new to them Asthma. I had it on again off again for years. Their mom says she feels bad aches, cant concentrate, headaches ect. Since the beginning of April I have also had headaches which I have had for years but they have just come back. Now my asthma has come back. **NOW THE WIERDEST THING IS THIS ONE** I swear it smells like pot sometimes or chemicals. I was married for years. divorced for 6. My ex used to smoke cigarettees in my garage or so he told me. He said he like the rush of nicotine. He broke of the tops of cigarettes. I didn't know any better right. It smells just like that at times. I looked at my roof and the poles that come out. I think you call them vent stacks one or two are tilted. I was like what the hell happened to them. One place in my roof is a different color shingles a little bit. I noticed my nieghbors house his roof was wet in the roof in sections on the shingles? I thought what is he doing up there? Recently, I had a bathroom sink that the faucet just came on and it overflowed and flooded my house. I can tell you I did not turn it on. I saw it do this one other time. I am a single girl I have no idea how much it will cost to have a plumber come out?

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Maybe you have a neighbor running a Meth lab next door. They would also smoke pot.

Is there any type of company that uses chemicals near by?

imurmklady35

Reaction score
I have allergies to sulpha drugs. I also can not eat sulfites in foods. I get bad headaches and a rash. I had a bad reaction to some medication and I the rash was awful. When I stopped eating food with sulfites I was fine. I am a single gal! I know a little about houses. My dad used to re-hab when I was a kid. He would make us work on them and I used to cry and say most dads don't make their kids do this stuff. I have done a lot. I do not know a thing about plumbing except I have watched my dad put a toliet on after doing tile work. I swear I hear water running too at times and I do not have anything running and I checked the meter. I have reported it to the police several times. They could not careless. I am not sure which neighbor who is doing it.
I know their is a neighbor whos daugher is a crack head and her dad works for the city. Weird thing my little dog runs out and went to their house and almost attacked this girl. My puppy is about 8 months old and super friendly.
She has done it 3 times.

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
I've heard one of the problems running a meth lab is disposing of the odors of whatever's cooking. Maybe they've found a way to pump it down the sewer (and back up into your house)? Waht will they think of next?

Gouranga

Software Engineer
Reaction score
Not sure how big your city is but in mine, if I got a less than enthusiatic response form the city police, a heated discussion with your alderman/councilman and/or mayor about your level of police response will usually influence their enthusiams. Especially when you remind them about the liability issue now that you have brought it up to the Police without their investigation.
I would also harass the living crap out of the city engineers office if this is coming out of your sewer. Make sure you contact anyone superior ASAP about a lack of response. Also, a good compliment for those guy who do give you decent response works good to.
Generally, any government employee will do whatever they can do to get you to shut up. You could also elevate it to the county. If you suspect it is a drug lab, the county likely has a drug task force that would take an interest.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks