dishwasher install

Users who are viewing this thread

i_ride

Reaction score
Hello....Im rebuilding my kitchen (new everything) It is going to be L shaped....with the sink on the short side of the L....then a 42"corner cabinet, stove, and dishwasher on the other side of the L. Therefore the dishwasher is going to be pretty far from the sink. What is the best way to hook up the supply/drain lines for the dishwasher (the current supply lines and drain for the sink will remain where they were) ? should I still drill through the cabinets and hook up under the sink ? or can I run a new water line and drain underneath up to the dishwasher ?( i have access underneath in the basement )

thanks for the help.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Yes, run all the lines through the basement, drain and supply. If you ever had a leak and they were under all that you would have quite the mess.

Norcal1

Plumber/Owner
Reaction score
Yes, I would also go thru the basement ceiling.

You never know if you or a future owner are going to remodel the basement and put up a ceiling, so I would do the work as if it were going to be covered up in the future.

Do it once, do it right, be done with it. ;)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks