Your opinion on wet vents...

Users who are viewing this thread

Coach606

Reaction score
I'm designing one (with help) for my attic. It led to a heated discussion amongst a few tradesmen.

Here's the thread: https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?p=40724#post40724

Anyone else want to give his opinion on whether wet vents are going to clog unreasonably and how this is worse than a regular clog?

As I said, I respect everyone's opinion on this and I thank TBPLUMBLOCO for all his help on the design. I'm going to go with it to my inspector.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I agree with hj also.

I think the past problems with wet vents was the term wet vent.

Many older homes were flat vented and the term used back then may have been wet vent. Flat venting would definately cause problems and require frequent snaking.

The wet venting allowed now should work like a charm.

Coach606

Reaction score
what's a flat vent?

what's a flat vent?? Is it when the vent line of a fixture is below the water level of it?

Prashster

Reaction score
Nope. Flat venting is when the takeoff of the ventline from the drain is at less than 45 degress from horizontal. When the takeoff is not 45 deg or better, then the opening can be blocked.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks