Watts Exp Tank and PRV

Users who are viewing this thread

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
Do all the plumbers on here think $25 each for an expansion tank and PRV is a decent price?

I'm putting them in like McDonald's serves hotcakes and I used to pay $18 for the tanks a couple years ago.

The products is watts, the tanks are the 2 or 2.5 gallon and the PRV is a Watts N35BU. I'm pretty sure that is a 3/4" PRV with built-in expansion valve with a copper sweat union connection.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
you are screwing yourself.

is that for Labor ??? or just for the parts?????

places around here are getting as much as $400 for a prv
and therm tank installed......

the average prv valve around here is about $30 bucks

the average expansion tank is about $45.

maybe I have mis-understod your question....

please re-phrase it..

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Thats an O.K. price but those PRVs (just never seemed to hold up for me. Seems they (Watts N35BU) would only last a couple of years and boom there gone. Had a few complaints in the past over how long they should last. Some not even a year. Not sure if there any better now.

Last edited:

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
MPM,

Those prices are what I paid for them today. Bought 10 PRV's and 15 Expansion Tanks. I get $300 to put those in, more if I have to open walls to get to the main.

Cass,

That's the first time I've ever heard of problems with Watts PRV's. 90% of the time I am replacing defective Wilkins PRV's all the time.

I couldn't even begin to think how many PRV's I've installed in the past 4 years, at least 250. Nobody has called me back on any of them. But then again, they may not know it's broken. :eek:

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks