Shower Filters?

Users who are viewing this thread

Rue D'or

Reaction score
Recently, I was having problems with my water well and the bladder tank. I fixed it with advice from this site [thanks!].

However, in doing so, it seems that some sludgy stuff was purged from the bladder through my water lines. It was enough to clog most of the filters on my faucets, etc. Some thorough cleaning of these filters quickly solved the problem... except for one.

The shower in the guest house is still not working. The sink and toilet in the same bathroom work fine, but the shower is plugged somewhere.

I removed the shower head completely and cleaned it thoroughy... but there is just a trickle of water coming through... and all of it hot.

By opening the access panel behing the shower, I found no trap on those lines. And, I can't seem to dismantle the shower valve [delta 1400] without taking some risks with the parts. Delta's information doesn't indicate a filter anywhere anyway.

Is there some filter somewhere I'm unaware of? Is there any method of snaking the line, etc. that might reveal a clog? I have company coming in two weeks and I'm sure they would appreciate bathing!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks