man friendly toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

ktullis

Reaction score
Help! I have a bathroom with a round low toilet. Mostly men use it and it STINKS from splashing. I've heard there are toilets that are designed to be more "man friendly" but don't know which ones. I don't have room for a urnal or I'd put one in. Can anyone advise please?

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Only a urinal would be somewhat more man friendly. You can clean and use a bio cleaner that will kill the odor causing problem.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I'd prefer elongated bowl toilets...gives a little more room to maneuver. Pretty much everyone makes them. Keep in mind, not all toilets are created equal...do some research if you want to replace it or you may be disappointed with the performance.

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
There are some alternatives that might help.

1. Tell the men that they are hereafter responsible for cleaning that bathroom and keeping it smelling sweet. Furthermore, they are prohibited from using any other bathroom in the house.

2. Tell them to use the lavatory sink or the bathtub or the shower. They are all bigger targets and the sink is a shorter range shot.

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
ktullis@charter.net said:
Help! I have a bathroom with a round low toilet. Mostly men use it and it STINKS from splashing. I've heard there are toilets that are designed to be more "man friendly" but don't know which ones. I don't have room for a urnal or I'd put one in. Can anyone advise please?

Elongated bowl will likely solve a lot your problems. Start there.

M.

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
If we're talking about mis-aiming when standing, the elongated front of the bowl won't help, seems to me.

Might be more productive to find something, like the Toto Aquia, which has a deep bowl and small water spot -- lots of bare porcelain at the back of the bowl to aim at.

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
SteveW said:
If we're talking about mis-aiming when standing, the elongated front of the bowl won't help, seems to me.

Oh yes it will... I just replaced 2 round with 2 elongated. TOTO & Kohler. More area and length of bowl. Big difference.

SteveW said:
Might be more productive to find something, like the Toto Aquia, which has a deep bowl and small water spot -- lots of bare porcelain at the back of the bowl to aim at.

You were reading my mind. We surely agree on that. Good point-and an advantage about Aquia no one has mentioned before.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I'm thinking something ADA would be good too because of the elongated bowl and the extra height.

If they are getting too messy, it's time for them to sit down, and do their own cleaning.

ktullis

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks to all. Like the sit down suggestion best but I doubt they will do that. I will try the enlogated bowl ADA height.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks