Where to buy lever for Toto toilet? THU004 and THU068

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
We have a Toto toilet. Recently, while adjusting something else, I managed to snap off the end of the lever at the point where the hole is that the chain goes through. Until I get a new lever, I've duct taped the chain to the lever. Duct tape saves the day again.

I've tried several levers from the orange and blue boxes with no success. From looking online, it appears I have to buy a special lever and handle that is compatible with my type of Toto toilet.

Here is a link to a picture of the inside of the tank:

I'm wondering what type of Toto I have and where I can buy a replacement lever. I didn't see any model names on the toilet anywhere. It says "Toto" and "1.6 Gpf" as you can see in the picture. I've seen some Toto levers online, but I'm not sure if they are the right type. I was surprised at how expensive they were in some cases (up to $80).

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Ultimate and the Ultramax use a THU004 handle
The Drake uses a THU068 handle

toto_thu068.jpg

Lowes Hardware will sell a replacement fill valve, the Korky Quietfill, and the repair part for it.
Korky 528MP MaxPerformance

and they carry the Red and the Blue 3" flappers when you need a replacement. Also make by Korky.

Any standard side mount trip lever should work for it, I believe the Eljer might work there.

The book price on a chrome THU004#CP Toto lever is $23.00

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for your help.

Last night I happened to be at my local privately run hardware store to pick up something else. In the plumbing section, they had an Eljer side mount lever that looked like it would work. Took it home and installed it. It was about 1/2 inch too long, but after cutting the end off with a hacksaw it worked great.

Exoricst

Reaction score
IN CRISIS!! Toilet part broken near Lever. Help needed URGENT!! - TOTO Ultramax II

Hi all,

I am in a very tricky situation, while moving the toilet up to the first floor i accidently banged the toilet lever area on the door frame, and the lever knob came off. This is a new toilet, and it arrived just yesterday. And i was bringing this up to install it, while this accident happened.
The black plastic part that was holding the lever has broken. I am posting some pictures here. Please advice if i can buy a replacement of this black plastic part. This is a Toto Ultramax Elongated 1 Piece Toilet MS604114CEFG

Also i wanted to confirm if the lever rod is good or not. Cos it seems like a little curved.. like bent. See picture below.

Please advice. My original old toilet is already removed, and we are without toilets right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You can either buy the THU004 Toto replacement, or pick up an Eljer Style side mount lever at a hardware store.
In the meantime, you can leave the lid off and pull the flapper up when needed.

RoyV.

Reaction score
Toto 85411S Ultramax Flush Handle

It appears that the flush handle to our Toto 85411s Ultramax broke. Does anyone have a part number for this or is there a universal one that will fit. If a universal won't fit, where can I purchase one online.

Did a quick google search and it seems it's not an uncommon problem.

Thanks,

Roy

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
It appears that the flush handle to our Toto 85411s Ultramax broke. Does anyone have a part number for this or is there a universal one that will fit. If a universal won't fit, where can I purchase one online.

Did a quick google search and it seems it's not an uncommon problem.

Thanks,

Roy

ITs the THU004 in whatever color or finish you want. Btw, your toiket would be 854114, with the ss114 seat. The lever is availabke at totousa.com and many online sources. Just Google it.. Come back with any questions!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks