Removing single handle faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

kkeala

Reaction score
I am trying to remove a single handle kitchen faucet. In the past, I have used an allen style wrench (that comes with the repair kits) through an access hole under the handle. But in this case, the allen screw head looks like one would if it were rounded out somehow. Is this some style of screw head that I haven't encountered before? It just seems unlikely to me that an allen head would round out like that.

I am trying to replace the o-rings in the spout which leaks out the sides.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If it sort of looks like a star, it could be what they call a Torx. They come in numbered sizes.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
handle

It is probably an Allen screw, and because they have a small cross section, they will round out. But it could also be that your wrench is one size too small or metric, or the allen screw could be metric, and is not fitting perfectly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks