Help! trouble finding Moen part

Users who are viewing this thread

Ho333ard

Reaction score
One of my tenants broke off their hot water knob in the bath/shower.

I figured out it's clearly a Moen by the "D" shape.

The broken part is a white plastic extender.

I thought the baths were remodeled 7 years ago but this stuff could be much older.

Tried two LHS's and Menard's and Home Depot tonight-- no luck.

Any leads on where to look? See images . . . .

Thanks!! ho333ard, Chicago

hardware.jpg
extender.jpg

Last edited:

Ho333ard

Reaction score
The photo shows the intact extender, and the piece broken off of the broken one. I left the broken extender as a "key" to work both the hot and cold temporarily . . .
Would appreciate any tips, online sources, anything.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The cartridge is not Moen. The stem is consistent with Delta/Delex/Peerless. Is that white piece the entire cartridge, or is it just an extension.

I would like to see a pic of the business end of the stem. Also inside the handle. I dont see the stop I would expect on the stem. Does the handle have stop bosses inside? Also, does the handle button have a name on it?

Last edited:

Ho333ard

Reaction score
You're right that it's not Moen.
It's Kohler . . . part # 70096.
Skipped out of work early and trucked out to the burbs by bike and bus to find out if "the place everyone says to go to" (in this case Algor in Cicero, IL) had it.
Nope . . . but I saw a schematic which exactly matched my junk.
Now I have to tell my tenants they'll be using the broken piece to turn their water on and off until next Wednesday . . .

Wierd, I thought this would be an easy one for folks around here, at east for Terry.

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
I think Kohler buys other peoples cheap faucets and puts "Kohler" on it and doubles the price and hope that when a customer sees the word Kohler, they buy it. Don't waste your time.

Now your this far, being a landlord, I would spend the money to put something better in there.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks