Basement Bathroom Rough in

Users who are viewing this thread

brannans

Reaction score
I'm renovating our basement and making a smaller more functional (hopefully) bathroom. The existing pipes are exposed. (oldbath.jpg) I have a proposed layout for the rough in (layout.jpg). I was hoping to simplify the plumbing by running the 3" pipe back to the wall and then up to tie into the house venting. The toilet would connect > 5' from the point the pipe becomes a vent. I'm assuming at this point it would need it's own vent. Which side would the vent pipe have to connect?

Is this rough in plan reasonable??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Iain

Attachments

• layout.jpg
    layout.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 1,805
  • Oldbath.JPG
    Oldbath.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 2,906

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Each fixture would get it's own vent before you wye into the main line.

The point of the vent is to prevent siphoning.
One vent at the very end won't prevent siphoning.

Vents need to be on wyes below grade, and rolled above the "flow" level of the line it serves.

Then the vents can be tied together above the "flood level" of the fixtues served.

Tbplumbloco

Reaction score
basement rough

Yes there is a simpler way to rough in the basement,I have attached a drawing of the wet vent method for a DWV fixture group according to the International Plumbing Code (IPC)which is a similar lay-out to yours.MY daughter is not here right now and I have been unable to reduce the size of the drawing to send the attachment still learning computer trix.

Tbplumbloco

Reaction score
basement rough

Here is the wet vent method IPC

Attachments

• wet vent.jpg
    wet vent.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 974

Ryanwj

Reaction score
basement rough-in w/ stubs and no vents

tbplumbloco,

I'd really like to see that picture - I believe that describes the way my basement has been roughed in under the slab and I am trying to understand the venting. If you can't get it posted larger, can you email to me?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks