How do I fix a leaky faucet?

Users who are viewing this thread

cubfan4evr

Reaction score
I haxe an Artistic Brass single handle bathtub / shower faucet. It is either a ceramic disk or a ball joint. It is leaking hot water. The problem is that I cannot get it apart to fix. I have removed all of the allen wrench screws holding the handle on, but the handle will not come off. I am afraid that I will break something creating even more problems.

charlotechai

Reaction score
Leaky faucet

Hmn, it might be time for a new faucet, but I suggest that you try to fix it yourself before you have to resort to buying a new one. I went to this site to figure out how to fix my leaking shower head:

http://gabwith.us/diy-and-home-improvement/how-to-fix-dripping-faucets/

And I realized that it was the washer that needed to be replaced. But if you are having problems unscrewing the entire thing, then may call a plumber? It's either that, or your risk breaking something, and then you're back to plan A. recommended by Plumber2000 and buying a new faucet.

Charlote

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Ab

If the handle was held by setscrews it pulls off once they are removed. If it doesn't it is stuck and has to be tapped off since you cannot use a handle puller. Artistic Brass did not make their own faucet valves. They used Price Pfister or some other common brand, depending on the age of the faucet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks