square D Pupmtrol 20/40 Pressure Switch

Users who are viewing this thread

daveatthelake

Reaction score
Can someone tell me exactly how to adjust this switch? I have not been able to find a manual online for this product. I have to adjust it due to the idiot who maintaned our camp before we bought it adjusted the heck out of BOTH SCREWS to compensate for the air bladder in the tank that failed. BTW this doesnt solve anything....

So all said and done we have a new pressure tank and i have the air bladder pressure set to 18 lbs. I am not able to adjust it so i can get 20/40 out of it. I can get the 40 cut out but the 20 is eluding me.......

I understand that one screw adjusts the range up and down together and the other the spread between the ranges.

How do I do this?

Does the little screw adjust the spread? If so by tightening it does the differential increase or decrease? Am I even close? lol

Speedbump

Reaction score
The tall spring (assuming you have a Square D Switch) adjusts both on and off pressures. So the first setting you want to achieve is the 20/on pressure with the tall spring. When you have that working, use the short spring to adjust the off pressure of 40 psi.

bob...

daveatthelake

Reaction score
I do have the square d 20/40 switch.

so i had it backwards....do you remember how the spread works with the small screw? Lets say my on is adjusted properly to 20psi but it shuts off at 36psi instead of 40, do i tighten or loosen the small screw?

Your help is much appreciated thank you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks