Kohler 1-piece toilet - water fill valve replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

clement

Reaction score
I have a Kohler one piece toilet (K3402PB). The fill valve can't shutoff. I opened up the the valve (K-9269) and found out that the plastic riser rim that is in contact with the plunger has worn out.

The valve has a 1 inch tube connecting to the back of the toilet. The fill water level of the toilet is about 5 inches.

Can someone recommend a replacement valve. Also what type of modifications do I have to make in order to get it to work.

Thank you

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
fill valve

Home Depot has a Coast 1B-1X fill valve for toilets like yours. Its large plastic tube works better if you cut it short, and then also cut the Kohler's tube off and slip the new one inside the original tube.

Attachments

• coast_1b1x.jpg
    coast_1b1x.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 14,523
Last edited by a moderator:

clement

Reaction score
Coast 1B1X

Thanks hj, for the recommendation.

The problem I have now is Home-Depot in Canada don't carry Coast 1b1x. I tried other plumbing stores but they don't have it either. Is there any other brand that I can try?

Also, I searched the website of Home-Depot for the 1b1x valve. It returned with 0 item found. Is it possible that the valve is listed with another in-store stock number?

Thanks

kohler-84499-1b1x-pic.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
fill valve

Check Home Depot again. See if they have a fill valve that costs almost $20.00, rather than the $6.00 ones. If so, that is probably the right one, they just don't know it.

Grazzy

Reaction score
i picked one up at lowe's in VA tonight for $8.99; they apparently just started carrying them after i bought a CESCO BRASS unit just last week for $58. :eek:

Grazzy

Reaction score
i've often wondered if you couldn't just rig up a fluidmaster to fit that tube by running the fill line into the plastic line in the kohler tank. you'd need some way to hold the big plastic line up so it wouldn't siphon all the water from the tank into the bowl, but that could be done with an elbow and a clip i believe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks