Sewage Pump

Users who are viewing this thread

kauleen_randi

Reaction score
I am getting a cabin put onto some land in the next month or so and the sewer lines runs above ground (under a mobile) and so am planning on using the sewer line but will do it underground and use a sewage pump.

I am clueless as to what type I need, where I can even buy one, and what a reasonably priced one would be? I spoke to a local septic man and he tried to sell me the whole system for $1800 and I thought that was expensive - maybe not.

I wanted to find these in consumer reports, but no luck.

Any help would be grateful.
Thank you in advance-
Randi

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
Go to www.grainger.com and do a keyword search on zoeller sewage pump.

You will find a selection including several that will do 50 GPM at 15 ft of head in a price range less than $350. Find one that matches your flow/pressure requirements.

There are other brands, and you are not going to put a lot of hours on it.

A 71 gallon sump (Stock no 4RK37) is $142 and a cover is about $80.

I would shop around a bit.

kauleen_randi

Reaction score
Flow/Pressure Requirements?

How do I know what these are? Some of you here must sell pumps and basins yourself??? Also, how do I know how many H/P I need? Thank you!

Thank you.
Randi

Last edited:

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
kauleen_randi said:
How do I know what these are? Some of you here must sell pumps and basins yourself???

Thank you.
Randi

Nope, never sell on the net, just to my customers in person. There is a member here by the name of Zoellerpump that will eventually chime in on this thread.

Take heed in his advice as he knows his product very well. PM him to get a quicker response.

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
Design of systems and selection of components depends on knowing the requirements.

People sell pumps and basins, but only you know your flow and pressure requirements. Do you have a shower, toilet, washing machine, hot tub, or whatever? How much water are you going to use every day? How many feet is the sewer above your toilet?

If you don't know the requirements, and can't figure them out, then you can buy the system for $1800 and take your chances.

If you take the trouble to find your requirements, and post them here, then someone will be able to suggest hardware. You can probably save half the cost.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks