Estimate on showerhead in tub...

Users who are viewing this thread

linkjg

Reaction score
Estimate on shower head in tub...

This is my first post to the board!

My husband and I recently purchased a home that the tub does not have a showerhead. It has a faucet at the bottom, and plastic tile surrounding the tub (see pic). Could someone give me an idea on how much it would cost to have a plumber install a showerhead? Since the tile in the shower is plastic, would this cause a problem to install the showerhead?

Thanks for any advice!

Attachments

• tub.jpg
    tub.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 365
Last edited:

linkjg

Reaction score
Hi Rugged!

Thanks for your quick response! Are you talking about this in the picture below? So, this is where the shower head would be installed?

Thanks for your advice!

Attachments

• tub2.jpg
    tub2.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 327
Last edited:

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
There is a vertical copper pipe going straight up to the horizontal wood block.

That copper pipe is sweated into a brass shower lug ell that has a threaded connection for the future shower arm and head.

There is a piece of galvanized pipe with a cap on the end of it. It's there for two reasons. One for the pressure test for leaks and the other is for when they drywall so that they don't cover that hole up.

If that dimension is too high for your needs, they make numerous add on showerhead arms or better yet, a handheld shower can resolve the issue.

linkjg

Reaction score
Rugged,

Thanks so much your post and your ideas!! I appreciate your help!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks