(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Estimate on showerhead in tub...

Default Estimate on shower head in tub...

This is my first post to the board!

My husband and I recently purchased a home that the tub does not have a showerhead. It has a faucet at the bottom, and plastic tile surrounding the tub (see pic). Could someone give me an idea on how much it would cost to have a plumber install a showerhead? Since the tile in the shower is plastic, would this cause a problem to install the showerhead?

Thanks for any advice!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by linkjg; 06-18-2006 at 04:13 PM.

Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area

If you look really close on the valve side of the tub, you'll see a stubout above the shower wall that serves as the stubout for the future showerhead.

The trim kit for the faucet will have everything you need to complete the task.
    Read what the end of this sentence means.

Hi Rugged!

Thanks for your quick response! Are you talking about this in the picture below? So, this is where the shower head would be installed?

Thanks for your advice!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by linkjg; 06-18-2006 at 05:49 PM.

Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area

There is a vertical copper pipe going straight up to the horizontal wood block.

That copper pipe is sweated into a brass shower lug ell that has a threaded connection for the future shower arm and head.

There is a piece of galvanized pipe with a cap on the end of it. It's there for two reasons. One for the pressure test for leaks and the other is for when they drywall so that they don't cover that hole up.

If that dimension is too high for your needs, they make numerous add on showerhead arms or better yet, a handheld shower can resolve the issue.
    Read what the end of this sentence means.

Rugged,

Thanks so much your post and your ideas!! I appreciate your help!!