Recommendations on tub replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

Gouranga

Software Engineer
Reaction score
hey everyone, I have been playing with the notion of replacing a 1 piece shower/tub we got in our main Bath room for a while with something MUCH deeper and possible with some type of jets in there. I have 2 problems I am facing.
First of all, the bath room is not that big. It has no room to be expanded to I have no option really if enlarging it. SO whatever I get has to fit in a standard fibrelgass tub size (the exact dimensions have eluded me but I THINK it was 5 ft X 3ft). So I was looking for recommendations for models that would fit in that tight a space while providing depth that would eliminate the "Islands" that form when you put a woman into a shallow Bathtub.
Second, the door to this bathroom is rather small. To get the old tub out, I will like have to remove the frame to fit it through the studs and/or just break it up. So, I would prefer a tub brand that is set up in a way that I would be able to fit it through the same opening.
So if anyone has any good ideas for that to minimize my pain, I would greatly appreciate it. If you have pictures of similar projects yo uhave complete, I could certainly use the ideas.

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
Soaking Tub

Look on the internet for something called a "soaking bath tub". They are available in 5 ft lengths and with pump.

Google "deep bath tub" and click on the link for NextTag to get an idea of the selection. This site won't let me put in a link.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks