Lawn Sprinkler System

Users who are viewing this thread

chris johns 753

Reaction score
I have a four zone system, all with 4 sprinkler heads. Zones 1,2 and 4 work great. The sprinklers in zone 3 do not pop up when the zone is on although water is flowing out. If you manually pull all the sprinklers up the sprinklers in this zone work great and seem to have good pressure. The sprinklers will not work correctly until all four are pulled up. Any ideas?

PEW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Has it always been this way?

Sounds like a water restriction. Could be at the valve, or if it has always been this way, could be debris somewhere in the pipe.

Paul

Lakee911

I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)
Reaction score
Could be a break in the pipe too. If this was after a spring startup, then maybe some water got into a head and it busted. Might have enough pressure to work, but just not get going.

As for the water restriction, I'd check the valve first. With most, I think you can see them turn if you watch it get activated. See if it turns as much as the others, or turn it on manually and see if they pop up.

Jason

chris johns 753

Reaction score
PEW said:
Has it always been this way?

Sounds like a water restriction. Could be at the valve, or if it has always been this way, could be debris somewhere in the pipe.

Paul
Yes we bought the home with it, and had the problem then,
but didn't know it!

PEW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Jason also made a good point that I overlooked. If you are in an area where a pipe could freeze, it could be a cracked pipe if the system was not winterized properly. If that is the case, you will probably find a rather wet area in your lawn.

Paul

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Finding a wet spot isn't always too easy. Depending on how deep the pipe is buried, you may have to let each zone operate for a fairly long time before the wet spot gets to the surface. You might want to cap the sprinklers and then turn the zone on for several hours.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks