Hose Bib top leaking

Users who are viewing this thread

georgegraz

Reaction score
I have an outside hose bib, with about a 10 inch long pipe portion. It leaks out the top Cap when the water is turned on. Not sure of the brand, but has a big M on the side. Are there repair kits once I can narrow down the brand. It is @ 4 years old and probable purchased from Home Depot. In searching threads first, one asked about Noise when turning it on - - boys does it ever get loud.
Thanks
George

Prashster

Reaction score
Deja vu

Someone asked this question a couple of weeks ago. Search the forums for

"Watts Series 800M4QT Anti-Siphon Pressure Vacuum Breaker Cap Leaking"

That 'cap' prevents water from flowing backward into the water supply from the hose. The cap should unscrew and you might be able to detect a crack or bad gasket that is preventing the valve from closing properly.

I have a cheap, plastic bib that cracked in the winter and I have the same pblm as you.

georgegraz

Reaction score
The style I have goes through the foundation about 10 inches. It is a different style then the post you pointed me to. I guess the large M on the side could be a Large W, but I went to the Watts web site and it doesn't even seem like they sell the stles I have. I know I have a freeze proof.
Thanks
George

georgegraz

Reaction score
It's me again. More info now that the sun is out, rear in this part of New York. The M on the side of the valve has a triangle directly above the notch of the M. Does that tell someone who the manufacturer is?
Thanks
George

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
Probably a Mansfield faucet.
Mansfield Plumbing Products LLC
150 East First Street, Perrysville, OH, 44864 (877) 850-3060

I have found them to be usually helpful.

georgegraz

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I was finally able to identify the company. The M was for Mueller B&K. They are sending me a replacement Vacuum breaker.

Thanks
George

georgegraz

Reaction score
I received the part already. Installed new vacuum guts -- no longer leaks. When I took the old one out I noticed center stem broke. Great customer service. Thanks again also for help.

George

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Mueller is one of the best, if not the best, name in valves and hydrants. Their products cost more than similar units from other companies, but they are worth it.

Replacing an Arrowhead vacuum breaker.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks