well tank

Users who are viewing this thread

dewitt1

Reaction score
Hello, i have a wllxtrol tank model wx-202 cut on psi is 40 and cut off is 60 psi, i checked the pressure with a tire guage and reads 43psi, should it be lowered to 30 psi? and would this help my water pressure?

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
Was the tank empty when you checked the pressure?

When the tank is empty, the bladder has displaced all of the water and the air pressure is the precharge pressure.

The pump will not put any water into the tank until the pump discharge pressure is equal to or greater than the precharge pressure. When there is water in the tank, the pressure at the water gauge is exactly the same as the air pressure in the tank. If those pressures are not the same, then one of the gauges is wrong.

When you start the pump with an empty tank, the water pressure should almost immediately increase to the precharge pressure in the tank.

The precharge pressure (tank empty) should be 2 or 3 psi less than the ON pressure of the pressure switch. That causes the pump to start a little before the tank is empty, and you should not have any sudden "no pressure" events before the pump starts.

You can tell if the precharge is too high by draining the water slowly with the pump breaker off. You should be able to maintain pressure on the water gauge AFTER the switch clicks to the ON position, and the precharge is the pressure on the water gauge just before it suddenly drops to zero.

If the pressure suddenly drops to zero from a pressure ABOVE the start switch pressure, then the precharge is too high.

dewitt1

Reaction score
replaced filter

well checking other things, i just replaced the filter cartridge in mid may and i just checked it again, holy cow, packed with sand! so i replaced and my water pressure is back to normal. that was the last thing i thought would have been the problem. what cause so much sand to come up and what can i do to filter it out, so i want have to replace the filter every month?

Speedbump

Reaction score
If you have that much sand, you have a well problem. Sand is not a good thing, as it will destroy your pump. Other than catching sand, that filter isn't much good for anything else.

bob...

Speedbump

Reaction score
If you have a rock well, there is probably nothing can be done. If it is a screened well, the screen may have to be downsized.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks