Replacing a shower stem washer

Users who are viewing this thread

clark

Reaction score
I believe the washers are worn out on my shower stems. I bought a tub wrench to remove the stem and it will not budge. About a month ago a plumber buddy of mine came over and removed it very easily and put it back because he did not have the correct washer. Now that I do, and have a wrench, I am thinking how hard could this be. He even mentioned that you do not have to tighten them much. I can not get it to turn. I think it is a price/pfister. Are these standard threaded,,, or do they loosen to the right? Please help.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
pp_3v.gif

https://terrylove.com/pp_3.htm

They will be standard thread...turn CCW to loosen. NOTE: you must open the valve part way first. If you try to unscrew it while it is still turned "off" it will be very hard to turn, and you may damage the washer and the seat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks