Bathroom tub/shower leaking into basement

Users who are viewing this thread

sharrison

Reaction score
Hi. Every so often when I go down stairs I notice water is dripping rather steadily onto the basement floor - enough to stream down to a drain some distance away. This can continue for hours. One day, for instance, i noticed it occurring early before work and came home at lunch and the leak was continuing.

I noticed that when I see this happening - if I go upstairs and turn both the hot and cold water on and let them run for a minute and then turn them both off again... the leak stops.

This leak may not happen for a couple weaks of showers/baths and then may happen a couple days in a row. I have not noticed any particlar pattern for the frequency of the leak but have noticed it stops each time after letting the water run in my bath tub and then turning the water off. Anyone have any idea what it might be and how I may fix it? Help!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It appears you have a leak in the valve(s) at the tub/shower. What brand and model of fixture do you have in that tub/shower? If you don't know, can you post a picture?

You need to fix this soon, as constant moisture will cause mold and rot in the house and can get costly quickly, not including the carpenter ants, termites, etc. that love wet wood.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks