(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Quietest toilet available

Default Quietest toilet available

I am looking for recommendations for a really, really quiet toilet. I have the Toto Drake and have been happy with it's performance, however, I would not consider it quiet. I am replacing a powder room toilet, and due to the noise concern, I am not using the Drake. Other suggestion to alleviate noise are welcome (ie use a larger water line and valve?)

Thanks,
    Benny

dc_homeplumber

For a "standard" two-piece, I don't think you'll find many quieter than the Drake.

The one-piece models tend to be somewhat more quiet, depending on brand and design.

The Kohler Power-Lite models and the Toto Neorest are the absolute quietest (in my opinion) but they cost a fortune!

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I kind of like something like the Toto Ultmate for that.

It's hard to find a really quiet toilet now, unlike the "old" 9.5 gallon flush of some of the old Kohler one-piece toilets.

When you move only 1.6 gallons, it has to move a bit faster.

I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP) Lakee911's Avatar

9.5 Gallon days were great! You could flush a full sized watermellon down those things!

If you can not find an appropriate and quiet toilet, maybe you could blow insulation into the walls and change to a solid core door if you don't already have one.

Some people flush the toilet to cover up other noises, so that could be another concern too

Jason

My uncle's farm had the quietest toilet I ever used, but walking out to it in the winter or when it was raining was a drag.

I think my Drake sounds great. It sounds like....victory. I just wish that the worst sound coming from my bathroom was the toilet flushing.