Shower enclosure leak issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Chris_2

Reaction score
Hello Terry,

I have a 2 year-old shower enclosure that leaks from the inside corner to the outside corner. The shower enclosure is attached to a tile mud pan and wall via silicone substrate. I have removed the suspect area and re-applied silicone. By the way, after removing the old silicone I let the area sit for a week before re-applying silicone. I didn't use anything else to clean the area except for a single edge carpenter knife (Stanly brand). Just my luck would have it, the area started to leak again. I'm out of ideas on how to solve this issue. Perhaps you might have some ideas. I have attached some pictures of the suspect area to this post. Your help is most appreciated.

Sorry about that, my pictures were too large. I reduced the image size.

Attachments

• Inside corner new.JPG
    Inside corner new.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 358
  • Outside corner new.JPG
    Outside corner new.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 375
  • Weep hole new.JPG
    Weep hole new.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 543
Last edited:

Chassis

Engineer
Reaction score
Chris,

If you can post a photo it might help folks to offer suggestions. Either you didn't quite get the leak plugged when you re-caulked, or there is another leak source. Many possible causes, but hard to nail it down without seeing your situation.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Do you have a small level? Try maybe a bullet level (circular puck) on the top of the curb. Does the curb cant into the shower, level, or out? If it doesn't have a little slope in towards the shower, water might weep out. Grout is not waterproof.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks