countertop price

Users who are viewing this thread

possum

Reaction score
I got a price instaled for37squareft laminat with double bowl stainless sink8" deep the guy told me $1424 for every thing. does this sound to costly

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
It sure is more than I'd pay even if that includes the sink and hardware. The material cost would depend somewhat on the style of laminate you want, the sink and hardware, and the style of backsplash you want, but there would still be a grand or so for labor. That's not a rocket science job that will take much time even allowing for travel. Is there any wonder that DIY is so popular?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Without seeing the job, it would be hard to say.

You are taking about new counters, new sink and someone to make all of this happen.

It also depends on your location, and what the prevailing wage conditions are.

For a job this large, you may want to get three bids and pick one.

Or, if you don't like paying for someones time, there is always DIY.

Chassis

Engineer
Reaction score
Knock off about $400 for the sink and faucet, probably more. But you're looking at roughly $1000 for labor and materials for the countertop. Works out to $27/sf installed. Sounds in the ballpark to me. Granite and solid surface (Corian, quartz) in my area is up to $100/sf installed, depending on color and grade.

palbarian

Reaction score
Granite Vanity Top

I got a Granite Vanity top from www.ugmconline.com for super cheap, and there is a toll free number that you can call if you have any questions the number was 1 800 930 6513, they take phone orders too

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks