More than two toilet seat sizes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Joerg

Reaction score
Hello Folks,

When we mounted the almost brand new seat of our old elongated bowl onto the new AS Yorkville elongated bowl it seems at least an inch too short.

Are there several elongated seat sizes? Or do they want to make us special order "their" seat?

Regards, Joerg.

Lancaster

Reaction score
The specs drawing for the AS Yorkville (model 2325) shows the measurement from center of the post hole to the front of the seat to be 18 1/2".
This is the standard length for an elongated toilet seat.
Keep in mind that this is for the seat proper,not the cover.The cover ("lid") on most seats is beveled and usually falls short of the front of the bowl.Thats the only discrepancy I can think of.

Joerg

Reaction score
Thanks, Terry and Lancaster. Maybe then this seat wasn't really an elongated one although it said so on the package. The seat proper doesn't overhang and the front posts aren't fully on the bowl rim.

So, we'll go shopping for a longer one. Or I'd have to lose weight...

Regards, Joerg.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
seat

But to answer your original question, yes there are more than two seat styles. The old Eljer Emblem had a "squared off" seat that nothing else fits well. There has also been various "saddle seats", that were also proprietary, along with the American Standard Roma that has 11" center to center seat bolts and costs in the neighborhood of $200.00.

Last edited:

Lancaster

Reaction score
There are also some wacky looking one piece Kohler toilets that will accept nothing but the OEM seats.And the list prices on them are 250-300$.

Joerg

Reaction score
Ok, bought a genuine American Standard elongated seat for the Yorkville. Guess what, it doesn't overhang. Oh well, we'll just leave it on there.

The half-wing nuts had to be filed off on one side because they didn't leave enough space around the hole on the Yorkville. Probably the guys who design the toilets do not talk with the guys that design the seats. However, this doesn't surprise me anymore.

Regards, Joerg.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks