Well pump and pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

tron

Reaction score
I had an oil company drill a water well while they were drilling a gas well on our place. They aggreed to turn the water well over to me once they finished. I will need to add a pump since they used a 7HP 3 phase for their purposes and have removed it. The will is 320 feet deep with 100 feet of perforated pipe at the bottom. I need recommendations on a pump and piping that can be easily installed. I will use this well very little and plan on backing up my existing well should the pump on it ever fail. I have heard of people using a PVC pipe and wanted to see if this would work for my application. Most of the wells in the area use galvanized pipe. The Casing on the well is 4"PVC.

Thanks,

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Valveman

With Sch 80 PVC pipe I would go as deep as 300' and could install up to a 3 HP pump. Sizing pump, pipe, wire, tank, you may need a little help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks