Bladder pressure tank vs standard pressure tank

Users who are viewing this thread

brown13

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forum, and have a couple of questions. Last weekend my 1 hp Red Jacket submersible system blew the starting capacitor, and or the relay in the control box. I contacted the local well service guy and he sold me a new control box which solved the problem.(got lucky it wasn't the pump). After I replaced it I noticed the pump cycling more than normal. I found my bladder tank to be waterlogged. I drained the tank, attempted to recharge the bladder, no luck, ruptured bladder, and only one year out of warranty, (figures) :mad: I sealed the system, and charged the tank to approx 30psi and renergized the system All seems to be ok for
now. I have to replace the bladder,bladder and tank or put in a standard
tank. So the question is which would be the better route to take as far as less maintenance in the future?

Speedbump

Reaction score
A standard galvanized tank is going to waterlog. It's a known fact. A good bladder tank will last for many years with no waterlogging problems. Notice I said good bladder tank. There are many brands that will not last for many years.

bob...

brown13

Reaction score
What would be the best brand for the minimal cost. Just the wife and myself, some lawn watering, at least 100 gal equivalent
Thanks

Speedbump

Reaction score
It's rare you can buy the good for minimal cost, but for instance. My 120 gallon bladder tank is $297.90. I don't know what 1hp Red Jacket you have, but if it is more than a 15 gpm model, that's the smallest tank I would recommend.

bob...

brown13

Reaction score
I dont know the GPM rating on the pump, but the pipe coming out of the well is 1""

V

vaplumber

Go with a bladder tank. Get a name brand and enough capacity to serve your needs. Avoid the $99 box store specials, and I agree with the cycle stop valve.

Pumpman

Pump Sales
Reaction score
If you check out the different tanks, you'll notice that there are bladder tanks and diaphragm tanks. I prefer to use the diaphragm type like the Goulds (A.O. Smith) tank. I'll get in a plug, too (-;
As a rule, the bigger the tank, the better, but you need not go overboard.
The CSV or Smart Tee is the way to go if you want to use a smaller tank.
Ron

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks