Water softener problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Jeff Richardson

Reaction score
I've owned a fleck 7000 water softener for about 2 months. About a week ago the unit went into regeneration mode and didn't stop discharging into the drain for 2 days(my wife later told me, as I was out of town when this occured). I told her to unplug the unit, but didn't help, then I told her just put it in bypass till I get home. I got it to stop discharging, but the flow light on the display won't shut off. There is no water flowing anywhere in the house or outside spigot's. The light does not blink, it is solid. The unit seems to be operating correctly, but I don't trust it yet. Any idea's what the problem is. I find myself checking on it a couple of times a day, as I don't want water to be pouring down the drain for hours on end. Thanks.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Keep checking this site. The is a regular that is a water softener pro and can address your problem.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
I'm a bit late but here I am. Water running to drain means the piston is stuck in a cycle of a regeneration. Unplugging the unit never does anything but prevent the value form moving to the next position or back to service. Always by pass a problem control valve.

If you have returned the unit to service and the flow light does not flicker when you run water, the turbine wheel/fan isn't rotating or there is a circuit board or meter cable connection problem OR possibly the valve is not indexed correctly. Check the set up and troubleshooting part of your manual.

Remove, you won't enjoy doing that due to the difficulty, and clean the meter turbine and the area it is installed in. While you have the turbine out (with the control plugged in), blow on it in the correct water flow direction and see if the turbine spins freely and if the light flickers. If not see above. And ya shouda bought the Clack WS-1 instead of the Fleck 7000... if needed, you'd enjoy removing/cleaning the turbine and have it done in all of 5 minutes. :)

Jeff Richardson

Reaction score
Thanks for the T/S Gary. With your info and the manual I should be able to tackle it this weekend. If I have any problems I know where to post. Thanks again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks