Pellet Stove/Fuel

Users who are viewing this thread

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
No sure I'll get a response but here goes:

I have an electric pellet stove used as my heating source. We had a shortage of fuel nationwide last season. Does this wood fuel have a recommended/optimum shelf life before it dries out?
I was considering buying my fuel a year in advance. Perhaps an entire pallet.

BTW Many people would benefit by using one as a primary or secondary source for heat.
In my case, it costs me one or two dollars daily for heat in winter.

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about it drying out...it comes ready to use - basically near zero moisture content. The bigger problem would be keeping it dry and bug-free.Wet wood produces less heat as a bunch is used to drive off the internal moisture, then the steam goes out the flue.

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
OK-Thank you for that Jim. I've never had to worry about the moisture issue...but I might if I buy an entire pallet. I've stored mine in the spare bedroom with all my other junk. I do not want a pallet inside.
I also need to look into delivery charge and/or discount for volume.

Do you own a PS Jim..?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks