Help with bathroom sink drain

Users who are viewing this thread

DML

Reaction score
I am tackling a bathroom remodel for the first time. I have gutted the room...and am trying to get everything set to cover the walls. I removed my old sink and p trap. The p trap connects to a galvanized drain pipe. The old p trap was metal and crumbled during removal leaving a 6 inch stub connected to the elbow. I cannot get the piece out - it appears to be soldered to the elbow. I tried heating it with a propane torch, but it didn't melt the solder. I may not have been persistant enough with the heat, but I have removed soldered fittings from copper pipe and they come right off. with a little heat. Any suggestions on how to remove it? I could remove the galvanized pipe it is only 3 feet long or so and connects to a cast iron elbow. If I do this can replace it with a short lenght of PVC pipe? I should mention that if I don't have to remove it I would much prefer not to.

Thanks,
Dave

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks