Misaligned Flange

Users who are viewing this thread

George L. Roberts

Reaction score
Is it possible for a flange to be misaligned in the floor? It appears that my toilet flange should have been shifted slightly counter clockwise when installed so the bolts would lock under the flange when the toilet is properly aligned to the wall. Currently, when the toilet is seated, the closet bolts align to where the larger portion of the slot allows the bolts to come back out. Is there a device that corrects this problem without having to remove the existing flange? I didn't see this issue mentioned previously. I hope its not silly, but I'm wondering if I should do something before replacing my toilet.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
It sounds like the flange was installed wrong. Is this a slab, basement, 2nd floor?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
The flange was installed incorrectly. It must be oriented so that the tee bolts will slip into the wide space in the slot and then slide around an inch or two so the will then align with the holes in the toilet. It would sound like you are going to have to remove this flange and put another one on. I suppose it would be possible to salvage the old one, but you've got enough problems just getting it off the pipe without worrying about saving a few dollars for a new flange.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks