gas regulator vent placement

Users who are viewing this thread

capt_bill

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I'm building a 3 season room here in NJ and I have a question regarding the vented gas regulator on my water heater gas line. There is a small (3/16")copper vent line that runs from the reg housing through the garage wall to the outside rear wall. This wall will eventually be an interior wall once the room construction is complete. I know I have to move this vent, I'm wondering if there is a limit distance-wise that I need to be concerned about. Can I just run this line further away and then through the wall? We're talking about 12-15 feet away from the regulator.
Thanks,
Bill

capt_bill

Reaction score
I expect I'll only need to make certain of a good tight connection when I replace the compression fitting and have no kinks in the tubing. I had an insect problem a while back and found that vent blocked ( I found out because the water heater stopped warming water). I was able to create a screened cover for the end of the line with no further difficulties.
Thank you very much, I was hoping it wouldn't be an obstacle to the new construction.
Bill

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks