Is this vent location a problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

rblick

Reaction score
I am remodeling a basement bathroom and have already replaced all of the underground pipes.

I noticed that this bathroom and adjacent laundry room all vent to a pipe which exits the house just above the foundation through the the rim joist right under my deck.

Is the vent required to go up through the roof?

Prashster

Reaction score
If yr talking about the drain vent then I believe (nonpro) that there are minimum clearances from windows and doors (10ft?). Most of the time, this means exiting thru the roof.

If yr talking about exhaust vent, then dryer and bath vent should not be connected anyway. But both are ok to vent thru rim joist/side wall. There might still be clearance req's for windows/doors, but they're more forgiving than the plumbing vent clearance restrics.

Prashster

Reaction score
I don't believe you may vent through the rim. It won't meet min clearance from window or door.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks