Replacing Basement shower with Bath (Drain problems)

Users who are viewing this thread

densvxer

Reaction score
So here's my story - hopefully will not become a saga..... Just doubt I should start putting back together yet.

The basement shower and moldy drywall had to go, picked up a new tub. But of course the drain needs to be moved. The shower had a history of kitchen refuse bubbling up in it. I thought maybe the drain pipe was crushed between the shower and the main. Last week had a plumbline services inc. come out and run a snake though it he reported mud which means broken pipe. Said the line was clean though.

After the rip out and concrete removal, found the cast iron p-trap had the hole. Pulled it out but now the cast iron pipe it was attached to is leaking water, when I run the kitchen sink up stairs, flush the toilet in the same bathroom (~8 cups of water pour out of it) or run the sink water. I dont believe this should do this, as a novice DIYers opinion, need professional advice. Had to put a rubber cap on the pipe for now. Hoping this is not another 1961 plumbers engineering debacle. Should I call the plumber back in to snake again? Or is this normal? Also I am trying to understand the correct procedure to attach a new plastic p-trap and drain to this cast iron.

See attachments for better understanding.

THANK YOU FOR ANY AND ALL RESPONSES
Todd in Littleton Colorado

Attachments

• BATHROOM DRAWING.bmp
    15 KB · Views: 377
  • Drain 1.JPG
    Drain 1.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 388
  • Drain 2.JPG
    Drain 2.JPG
    16.9 KB · Views: 390
  • Bath from left.JPG
    Bath from left.JPG
    17.8 KB · Views: 332

densvxer

Reaction score
additional question

I have an additional question, I read in another post that someone installing a shower it needs to run a vent pipe.... there is a vent by the main but does there need to be one installed closer to my tub install because of code changes?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks