Garbage Disposal and Dishwasher problem

Users who are viewing this thread

cbalding

Reaction score
Small problem and I can't quite figure out what the problem is. I had to replace my garbage disposal. Got a new one, replaced it. Hooked up all the old lines into their proper places and away we go.

The only problem is now when I run by dishwasher, instead of draining completely through the drain line, a fair amount of water comes out of the over flow line next to the faucet.

The garbage disposal works fine. I have stuck a snake down the pipe with no apparent problem. I have reconnected everything and checked all the connections. There are no leaks from the garbage disposal itself. All the pipes are tight.

I can't figure out where the problem is. It is only when I run the dishwasher that water comes out of the overflow next to the faucet. Any help would be appreciated.

Jeff1

Reaction score
Did you remove the plug from the disposal where the dishwasher connects to it?

Kristi

Tradesman Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.prettyplumbing.com
:)

you need to bang out the plug inside the drain port of the garburator, which is what Jeff said. Imagine if you wanted a garburator, but not a dishwasher - this is how you could accomodate everyone! I would remove the garburator, lay it on its back with the drain port facing up, take my big utility flathead and give it two good whacks with a hammer... keeping in mind that this is an appliance, don't be too rough with it.

~k~

cbalding

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks. That was the trick. Didn't even know that was a problem.

Christopher

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks