110v or 220v??

Users who are viewing this thread

mycard00

Reaction score
old submersible was pulled and replaced both were 220v.?? is old pump was taken apart and fixed for a portable pump ie to pump water from a pond to a pool i think it might have been wired 110v. how do check the voltage needed to run this pump??? :eek:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
There should be a tag on the side that gives HP,voltage, amps, ect.

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
"old submersible was pulled and replaced both were 220v.?? is old pump was taken apart and fixed for a portable pump ie to pump water from a pond to a pool i think it might have been wired 110v. how do check the voltage needed to run this pump???"

If I understand your question properly, a 220 V well pump was adapted to be used as a portable pump.

I have never seen a submersible well pump that could be rewired for a different voltage than it was built for. If it was a 220 V motor, it is probably still still a 220 Volt motor.

If it is a submersible well pump motor, the information is probably etched on the side.

mycard00

Reaction score
110 or 220 volt

thanks fellows found stamping and its is 220v thanks again :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks