New Toilet: after flush is complete water continues to drain from bowl for 30seconds

Users who are viewing this thread

scsiguru

Reaction score
I installed a new American Standard toilet last November. Ever since I installed it, water continues to drain (you can easily hear it draining) from the bowl for about 30 seconds after the flush is complete and then the "trickling" of water stops. The water level drops a couple of inches and the next time the toilet it used it usally requires two flushes to completely empty the toilet. This is a new toilet but unfortunately I don't have the Lowe's receipt. What could be causing this. Others I've spoke to are telling me that there may be a hairline crack in the bowl that's allowing the water to drain out. Any information on this problem? Thanks in advance for any help.

dennie

Reaction score
Toilet Bowl leak

I have a similiar issue. I installed to Toto Drake toilets. One of them does the same thing and the other does not. I had the same problem with my prior toilet in the same bathroom.

The plumber who installed them has been out to my house twice. We verified that the bowl was level and all water level wereset to Toto specs. Even had the Toto Tech on the phone. Since I had the same issue with my other toilet the consensus is there is not defect in the toilet.
The toilet are back to back with each other seperated by a wall.

The plumber does not believe it is a vent pipe clog, ( this could be your issue)

as the other toilet works fine and threre are no other plumbing problems in the house.

He does not know if it is being caused because the toilets are adjacent to each other.

Bottom line there is no solution per my plumber for the issue. He suggests I live with it!This could become an issue for you as low flush toilets require all

the water in the bowl to achieve the proper flush.

Maybe someone has an answer to this situation

scsiguru

Reaction score
Denny..thanks for taking the time to respond and provide that information. The toilet I replaced did not do this, it just had a small crack in the bowl so I had to replace the whole thing. Now this toilet is causing me problems. I also had to replace the water valve to the toilet since it was bad as well. This bathroom has caused me a lot of problems. I hope someone else reponds and has any additional information.

John

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks