Pressure switch

Users who are viewing this thread

uncleto

Reaction score
Hi guys! Just replaced a pressure gauge and notice that the cut-out is way beyond the setting. The pump switch is set at 30 psi in, 50 psi out. so far the kick in starts at 28psi, but the cut- out at 60 psi. Tried adjusting the cut-out by opeing the cover of the switch, found two screws. One is for both adjustment, while the black is for the cut-out. It says clockwise to increase the pressure, but no mention of lowering. so i assume just the reverse. Dont know how much turn it needs to lower it to 10 psi the difference.Do you guys think its okay to leave it at 60 psi?
what would be the downside of it? Will i get more pressure inside the house if i set it to 40 to 60psi, instead of the 30 to 50 which the pump switch is set?I just turn on a notch on the adjusting screw, will look later if the pressure drops to 50psi, dont want anymore to waste some water. Will let you know what happen. Thanks for any advice!

Uncleto.

Speedbump

Reaction score
It sounds like you have a Furnas switch. It has two screws to adjust pressure settings. One moves the pressure extremes equally and the other only effects the cut out pressure. In some cases the more you adjust the worse it gets. The best way to do this is to make the adjustment to get the pump to turn on at the desired pressure, then use the other to adjust the off pressure.

bob...

uncleto

Reaction score
Hi Bob! After a couple of turning the black( larger ) screws i was able to set the cut-off pressure at about 52psi.. short of 50. Do you think that's ok, or i still have to set it at 50? Im afraid that i might mess it up!

It's been a learning experiance for me, knowing that i could have done something first before they replaced the check valve. Every now and then im being alert for any sounds that will come from the boiler, especially keeping an eye on the pressure gauge, and any sudden on of the switch when nobody using the water. Atleast for now, i was able to lower the cut-off from 60 to 52 psi. the cut-on is still 28 psi. Thanks again, Bob !

Uncleto.

Speedbump

Reaction score
The most important thing is to keep the tanks air pressure two pounds less than the on pressure of the switch. With a spread like that you could damage the bladder by stretching it past it's limits.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks