Rain

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone there is from the North and getting alot of rain?

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
We've had about 4-5" in the last few days. Set a record yesterday in a 24-hour period for that day. I live on a hill, so far, so good. Nashua, NH.

Jadnashua

Reaction score
WIth the hills, you can have a huge difference in rain in a few miles. To view a local weather radar image try www.thebostonchannel.com , it's better than the normal images you can usually find.

Jadnashua

Reaction score
If it is a deep well,probably not unless the wellcap is open. Shallow well, again, probably not, but then anythings possible. Now, this is just suposition...

V

vaplumber

Cookie said:
With the flooding, can well water become not clean enough to drink?

Definately dont drink the water without boiling it first! Well caps do not seal 100% tight, and most have small openings where wiring, pipes etc pass through. You also have septic tanks, cesspools etc washing out from the flooding which is contaminating the groundwater. Good luck and prayers are with you all!

Jadnashua

Reaction score
Southern NH rainfall total from this storm is expected to total in the area of 15"! In Nashua on Saturday, 4.7" recorded. Probably at least the same on Sunday, and it isn't supposed to stop until Tuesday sometime (although it is slowing down). The rivers are expected to crest sometime maybe today. Numerous roads washed out...great if you are a duck. Luckily, I live on a hill, and the roads are clear to where I need to go.

Re wells...if there is standing water on the ground at the well, things would be iffy. If there is none, then it probably will be okay - again, I can't say this with any certainty. Never hurts to be on the safe side.

V

vaplumber

Cookie said:
Well, I talked with sis, and they are using bottled water which they always do. Which is probably a good thing. So, they are safe with that. The fire dept came and sucked out their basement again. And, dinner is floating up to their door, ducks, LOL.

If there is a crack in the bedrock 10 miles from you, and sewage is flowing into the water table through this crack, then it is in your well. Doesnt even matter if your land is dry. Your water vein feeding your well can travel hundreds of miles. Keep us posted and may God bless you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks