(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: American Standard diverter

  1. #1
    Questions from readers Guest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    posts, emails and comments from readers reposted by Terry

    Default American Standard diverter

    I have a c 1958 american standard diverter that I installed new washer on the end that contacts the valve seat in pluming line. Put new valve seat in too. I cannot remember how diverter with stem came out and thought it would be an "easy" installation. Whenever I tighten the brass washer after diverter is inside pipe, I can't turn diverter knob once it is attached. No shower water only tub spout water comes out and when shut off tub leaks at spout. Have replaced hot and cold units awhile back and then everything was ok. I cannot figure whether to insert diverter in a closed position or open it a little to where I think the shower position is. Is the washer on stem end of diverter to just contact opening on vale seat or snap inside this hole? Kind of need help...lol. Thanks very much. PS If I get a replacement diverter how do I install it? Thanks again. Richard

  2. #2
    Plumber plumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005

    Default Am. Std.

    What do you mean? "the brass washer after diverter is inside pipe,"


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts