rotate a pump how?

Users who are viewing this thread

tomshorse

Reaction score
how do you "rotate" a standard pump that is used for sprinkler systems?

i have no experience with pumps and i dont even know how to access the pump...i assume that it is inside in the brown 4 foot'ish tall cylinder with the silver cap that sticks out of the ground

V

vaplumber

tomshorse said:
how do you "rotate" a standard pump that is used for sprinkler systems?

i have no experience with pumps and i dont even know how to access the pump...i assume that it is inside in the brown 4 foot'ish tall cylinder with the silver cap that sticks out of the ground

The 4 footish tall cylinder is the well. If you have a submersible pump, it is at the bottom of the well. How far down depends on well depth. Most of the wells in my area are in the 300 to 400 foot range. I do not quite understand what you mean by rotate the pump. If you are trying to remove it and it is stuck, you'll be much better and cheaper in the long run to call a pump man. He has a truck with a crane that he will use to lift the pump from the well. Ive used several well companies in my area and I find that around here they charge anywhere from about $350 to $500 labor to pull and reset a pump.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks