Envitonmental license for septic tank

Users who are viewing this thread

pizztank1

Reaction score
I was told I need an environmental license for my cabin's septic tank. The old one is 1000 gallons and about 30 years old, no license back then.I want to sell it and I guess it will not pass the new regulation so I will check with the Natural resources people. I was told a new tank (2000) gal. woud be expensive, maybe $5000. Any advice or comments, I live in Manitoba.Thanks.

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
You might be able to get a license without changing the system.

Two thousand gallons sounds like a big tank for a cabin. Usually a a tank should have at least the capacity for 24 hours detention time. But I expect that the size of the tank won't affect the cost very much.

It the leaching field needs to be reconstructied, that is the big cost.

Somewhere there should be a document of septic system standards and design requirements.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks