Drainage Industries 2" in-line check valve

Users who are viewing this thread

PaulGray

Reaction score
I am replacing my existing sump pump with a sewage pump (I need the greater pumping capacity). Although the pump will be processing ground water (no waste) I want to install the check valve horizontally. That way, if it picks up a piece of gravel or something it will not jam the valve.

My question is, can I install a Drainage Industries (DI) 2" full flow in-line check valve horizontally? The current valve is installed vertically. I bought the valve from ******* & it did not come with any info.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

PaulGray said:
I am replacing my existing sump pump with a sewage pump (I need the greater pumping capacity). Although the pump will be processing ground water (no waste) I want to install the check valve horizontally. That way, if it picks up a piece of gravel or something it will not jam the valve.

My question is, can I install a Drainage Industries (DI) 2" full flow in-line check valve horizontally? The current valve is installed vertically. I bought the valve from ******* & it did not come with any info.

A piece of gravel should not jam the valve no matter what its orientation is. But since it is full flow, it must be a swing type check valve, and if so, then it can be horizontal as long as the hinge is on the top.

PaulGray

Reaction score
hj said:
A piece of gravel should not jam the valve no matter what its orientation is. But since it is full flow, it must be a swing type check valve, and if so, then it can be horizontal as long as the hinge is on the top.

Great, I appreciate the response. It is indeed a swing type check valve. The manufacturer of the sewage pump recommends a horizontal installation, so I will go with that orientation and ensure that the hinge is on top.

PaulGray

Reaction score
Free flow vs. Full flow check valve

PaulGray said:
Great, I appreciate the response. It is indeed a swing type check valve. The manufacturer of the sewage pump recommends a horizontal installation, so I will go with that orientation and ensure that the hinge is on top.

One quick followup question. Is there a difference between a free flow check valve and a full flow check valve. My installation instructions call for a free flow valve - I am assuming I can use a full flow in-line check valve?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks