(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Envitonmental license for septic tank

  1. #1
    DIY Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    North of 54-CDN

    Default Envitonmental license for septic tank

    I was told I need an environmental license for my cabin's septic tank. The old one is 1000 gallons and about 30 years old, no license back then.I want to sell it and I guess it will not pass the new regulation so I will check with the Natural resources people. I was told a new tank (2000) gal. woud be expensive, maybe $5000. Any advice or comments, I live in Manitoba.Thanks.

  2. #2
    In the Trades Bob NH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    New Hampshire


    You might be able to get a license without changing the system.

    Two thousand gallons sounds like a big tank for a cabin. Usually a a tank should have at least the capacity for 24 hours detention time. But I expect that the size of the tank won't affect the cost very much.

    It the leaching field needs to be reconstructied, that is the big cost.

    Somewhere there should be a document of septic system standards and design requirements.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts