Toilet question?

Users who are viewing this thread

Abikerboy

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I want something that I can run into Lowe's or Wal Mart and buy a replacement seat, and/or toilet seat and tank covers for (traditional). I am not beyond a one piece design, and in fact would prefer one piece. Thanks so much for this site, and

Last edited:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Have you check Terry's Report on Low Flow Toilets? I think you'll find it very helpful. One thing I've learned from this forum is that the Big Box stores' toilets are not to be trusted. With the budget you have, I know there are several toilets you can chose from,

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Terry is in Seattle Washington. Kind of a long drive for a toilet.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com

Terry shooting some video in Washington DC.

It doesn't really matter where I am.

Most people do buy locally anyway.
Why ship a toilet, (they can and do break) when you can get them nearby?
I sell in the Seattle area, and I'm sure you can find what you want in your area too.

That being said, there are many toilets that will work for you.
I have plenty of people calling from Virginia, and they can get the same products on my toilet report locally.
A good one piece would be the Toto Ultimate or Ultramax.

I even did a little plumbing in Arlington VA a couple years ago for my brother.
Well, more than a little, he bought me a plane ticket out there.

Last edited:
V

vaplumber

abikerboy said:
Terry (if you read this)

I am not beyond a one piece design, and in fact would prefer one piece. Thanks so much for this site, and for your help!
Rob

Hope you havent changed your mind on me there mate! Got both your new two piece units waiting for you! Get off your tail and do your flooring and walboard so we can put this all back together!

Last edited by a moderator:
V

vaplumber

[QUOTE=Terry
It doesn't really matter where I am.

Most people do buy locally anyway.
Why ship a toilet, (they can and do break) when you can get them nearby?
I sell in the Seattle area, and I'm sure you can find what you want in your area too.

I believe he thought that you were in DC, an wanted to support you and the website. This fool runs all over the East coast and makes good money doing it! I can invision him now riding home with a toilet stuffed in the bunk!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks