Single to Double sink water and drain?

Users who are viewing this thread

smileyroget

Reaction score
I'm finishing a basement that is plumbed for a single sink and I'd prefer a double. The drain runs into the concrete, can I just send two sink drains down the one line? I also have one hot and one cold 1/2" coming in, is it reasonable to T off those or do I need to add another line from the 3/4" that I assume is in the ceiling behind the wall? Thank you, Roger

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
You need to get a drain assembly that will connect the two sinks into 1 trap. It's a sort of tee affair. I don't understand what you are thinking with the supply lines. Double sinks use just a single fixture in the center of the sink. The spout swivels to supply water to each side. It no different than a single sink in that respect.

Lakee911

I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)
Reaction score
I think he means two sinks, like in a bathroom vanity. You can tee off for the second where ever you'd like.

Jason

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks