Double sink drain Q

Users who are viewing this thread

Casman

Reaction score
Recent remodel. Sink has noticable odor, I'm thinking the drain setup looks a little funny. Is it ok forthe disposer, after the trap to connect just below the other sink drain at the tailpiece, into a T-Fitting?

Shacko

Master Plumber-Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Oder

Anything connecting after the trap is a no-no, thats the same as running a drain without one. If you have this hook-up thats the prob.

Casman

Reaction score
shacko said:
Anything connecting after the trap is a no-no, thats the same as running a drain without one. If you have this hook-up thats the prob.

Not real clear on what your saying. Not to be funny but it has to connect to something or are you saying it should only connect to the vert drain line with nothing in between. I'm thinking maybe is this a double trap scenario perhaps. Disposer side goes to trap then horiz to t fitting at tailpiece on other side, then down to trap then out to vert drain line in the wall. I'm thinking is this basically a double trap scenario which isn't allowed. Think I'm losing it....

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
odor

I believe he is asking, do both sides of the sink go through one trap or is there a one trap for the disposal and one trap for the other side of the sink?

Lakee911

I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)
Reaction score
plumber1 said:
I believe he is asking, do both sides of the sink go through one trap or is there a one trap for the disposal and one trap for the other side of the sink?

Couldn't you do it either way? One common trap being most common.

Jason

Casman

Reaction score
There is 2 traps. Sink 1 disposer side, Exit disposer to trap then over to t fitting at bottom of tailpiece for other sink, then down to trap 2, then to wall. Sound OK.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks