Gerber Ultra Flush

Users who are viewing this thread

jeffrshaw

Reaction score
Need some advice on the Pressure-assisted (Flushmate) toilets out there. I am replacing my old toilet (3.5 gal) and decided to go with the Gerber Ultra Flush primarily because I thought it would be best to handle the huge BMs that some members of my family produce (sorry to be blunt). Upon looking at the inside of the bowl, I am concerned that the diameter BMs I have to deal with will not fit thru that small opening. It is much smaller than my current toilet and they will not fit thru that one. I find it hard to believe the pressure-assist will force them thru. I would appreciate some advise in regards to what toilet might be best (besides sending them to the outhouse that is!). Do all the pressure-assist models have such a small opening? What about the Toto G-max toilets…are their openings any bigger?

gerber_21302_1.jpg

Gerber 21-302 with the Flushmate 1.6 gallon tank.
The trapway is 1-7/8"

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The G-Max trapway is 2-1/8". The Caroma is now using a 3" trapway. Do a quick search on 3" and you'll probably find it (blue bar above). The shape of the trap is a consideration, too.

The size of the trapway on the Gerber Ultraflush is 1-7/8"

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Caroma makes a great toilet with 4" trapway and dual flush. The 2 models you might look at are the Caravell 270 and Tasman 270. They both are basicly the same but the Tasman has a plastic tank and is less $$$$

They have a small water spot but will flush anything.

I love these toilets.

Last edited:

booster

Reaction score
We have an Ultraflush and I don't think you have anything to worry about. It has seen heavy duty use and in the year we have had it, has never even required a second flush. I think the trap itself is in the 2+" range like the other toilets, but the area at the bottom of the bowl is smaller, apparently to help the pressure jet. I can pretty much assure you that the Ultraflush will handle anything as well or better than any other toilet. I think it has a 900g rating, which is higher than the Totos or Coromas. One of the biggest benefits of the Ultraflush is the bigger water spot, which keeps it much cleaner than the gravity units, which have much smaller spots.

D

dc_homeplumber

The Ultraflush will handle it fine. The pressure of the flush will "break down to size" whatever appears too large to go down.

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
dc_homeplumber said:
The Ultraflush will handle it fine. The pressure of the flush will "break down to size" whatever appears too large to go down.

That's what I was going to say! I have a Crane toilet with a Flushmate valve, and it has a relatively small trapway. It does seem that the pressure-assist more than compensates for the small trapway. It has handled some prodigious output without clogging.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks