Tyvek and other House Wrap Options

Users who are viewing this thread

Lakee911

I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)
Reaction score
So, I went to Lowes the other day to get some Tyvek House Wrap. They had another brand (maybe their own) and it was a 9'ft x 150' roll for $113! I only need a chunk 9' x 28' for my project. Is housewrap absolutely needed? Anything else I can use? Anyplace, or anybody sell it by the ft or sqft? Price of building materials these days...sheesh

Thx
Jason

PEW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Why not look around for a contractor who may have an end of roll he will sell you? It is not a necessity but with todays energy costs, our electricity just went up 118% yesterday, I would want to use it.

Paul

PEW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
They call it de-regulation in our state, and our elected officials were useless in moderating the increase. At our plant, it amounts to about a $600k per year increase, not nice!

Paul

PEW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
They call it de-regulation in our state, and our elected officials were useless in moderating the increase. At our plant, it amounts to about a $600k per year increase, not nice!

Paul

Lakee911

I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)
Reaction score
Well jeepers...

Sometimes that happens with deregulation. Didn't California have troubles back when they tried it? Rolling blackouts and what not? Was that a result of deregulation? Maybe some new companies will move in and heat things up...errr maybe cool them down. File class action law suit against the Public Utilities Comminision for their neglegence in monitoring the situation?

I found my Tyvek on ****. Found a seller who had a bunch listed. Asked to buy only a 30x9 piece. Getting hooked up. :D

Thx
Jason

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks